The income and wealth tax return campaign begins on 16th April and will end on 26th June.
Once again this year, it can be presented under three modalities:
- Acceptance of the proposal sent by the Treasury.
- Mechanized, by appointment.
- By internet, with operative key, electronic signature or fiscal representative.
The Provincial Treasury of Guipuzcoa has planned to prepare some 200,000 proposals. During last year’s campaign in 2015, 217,744 proposals were accepted, which represents 86% of the total number of proposals sent in.
Next we are going to explain how is the calculation of the taxable base in the IRPF of 2016:
- Disability benefits.
- Benefits recognised to the taxpayer by the Social Security, or by the entities that replace it, as a consequence of absolute permanent incapacity or severe disability. Also the total if you are over 55 years old and have no other income from work (active) over 600 euros or activities, except for the first year.
- Likewise, pensions from the Compulsory Old Age and Disability Insurance (SOVI) will be exempt when they are caused by the taxpayer’s disability.
- Public and Social Security benefits.
- Orphan’s pension and family benefits.
- Unemployment benefit.
- In the form of a single payment.
- Irregular income (work, capital, activity)
- Between 2 and 5 years: 60%.
- More than 5 years: 50%.
- Qualified by regulations as irregular: 50% (40% up to 60,000 euros for amounts received by mutual agreement termination of the employment relationship).
- Limit for the application of the reduction of irregular income from work, activities, movable capital and real estate capital: €300,000 for each type of income.
Bonus for work performance.
- Income – deductible expenses < 7.500 €, 4.650,00 €.
- Income – deductible expenses between 7.500 ¤ and 15.000 ¤, 4.650 ¤ – [0,22 [(Income – deductible expenses)- 7.500,00 ¤].
- Income – deductible expenses > 15.000 €, 3.000 €.
- Other income > € 7.500 , € 3.000
- Increased in case of disability.
- 100% increase: active disabled workers with a degree of disability between 33% and 65%.
- 250% increase: disabled active workers with a disability equal to or greater than 33% and less than 65% who are in a state of reduced mobility, as well as for those active workers.
- disabled persons with a degree of disability equal to or greater than 65%.
Reduction for contribution to EPSV.
- Until retirement.
- 12,000 for the sum of Contributions + Contributions
- (Contributions are taken into account first)
- Individual limit: – 8.000 € for the sum of Contributions and 5.000 € for the sum of Contributions.
- To the spouse or unmarried partner (1).
- Limits: – Income from the general taxable income of the spouse or unmarried partner (1) < 8.000,00 €.
- 2.400,00 €
- In favor of the handicapped.
- Limits: 8.000 € (contributions per family member)
- 24.250 € (contributions by the disabled person himself/herself)
- In favour of professional sportsmen and women.
- Limits: €24,250.
- Integration and compensation of income from economic activities.
- Negative returns on activities can only be summarized with positive returns on activities. If there is negative income from activities pending integration, it can be offset in the following 15 years with positive income from activities.
- This negative income from activities is integrated in the fiscal year or is compensated in future fiscal years with positive income from activities of the person who generated it. In the case of joint taxation, it is possible to integrate or offset the losses of one member of the family unit with the gains of the other.
- Reduction for joint taxation.
- General: 4.218,00 €.
- Single parent family: 3.665,00 €.